Monday, August 2, 2010

What To Write

I'm wondering just how much of myself I should put in this blog. I have a journal on Writing.com, but I haven't posted anything in that since the end of May. I might start a new one, fresh start and all that. Should this blog (I really do loathe that word) be just kids and family junk, or should there be some of Mighty Mom in here? This is a true dilemma to quote Pirate Bob.

So today I had a Mary Kay makeover--it was sorta fun, and sorta not. I'm not a big fan of 'glamour', which is what it's all about. Don't get me wrong, I looked pretty good (for me) with all that concealer and moisturizer and foundation and eyeshadow and mascara and---you get the idea. That's an awful lot of stuff to make one look good. I'm more of a natural girl. I don't like putting a bunch of chemicals on my face. The Mary Kay gal talked a lot about retinol-A, and I'm not sure exactly what that is, and if it's a good thing to put on your skin. (I appear to be having difficulty with spelling tonight, pls excuse me)  The gal will be sending my 'before' and 'after' glamour (yeah, right) photo and I'll post it.

1 comment:

  1. More Mighty Mom! I think I recall from my Biology of Aging class that retinol-A is some kind of anti-aging hocus pocus snake oil junk. Your profile picture is beautiful, and it looks like you're not wearing makeup in it. I vote no makeup.

    ReplyDelete